Volunteer & Employment
Volunteers at YFC London
Whether you can help behind the scenes with food preparation and repairs or help us work hand-in-hand with youth in our community, your time and influence will be making a difference – a positive and important difference.
And not only do we appreciate your help but the teens do too. Young people deeply value spending time with loving and authentic adults, who give their time, skills and attention.
There are also opportunities for high school volunteers to support the grades 6-8 programs. This time can go towards graduation volunteer requirements and also allows you to be a friend and role model in your community!
Work for YFC London
Are you looking for a career opportunity where you can invest your time and talents to make an lasting impact of difference in the lives of young people? We would love to hear from you and discover if their is a fit with our ministry team!
Our existing team consists of staff members ranging from 1 to 8 years of employment at YFC London. We support each other as a team of dynamic leaders who are journeying with Christ, as we journey in the lives of youth. While each staff has a unique and creative ministry portfolio, we unite in mission, strategic vision and values so that we reach youth where they are at in their communities.
YFC London serves youth (ages 10-18) and empowers them to become a redemptive presence in their community. We do this by offering weekly programming and one-to-one mentorship with youth. The Community Program Coordinator’s role is to increase YFC London’s presence in the city through building partnerships, supporting existing programming, and developing new programs at the youth centre and in the community. This position also coordinates the discipleship programs at YFC London which focuses on youth spiritual formation as their relationship with Jesus develops.
To succeed in YFC’s unique environment, the successful candidate will have:
- a passion for seeing London’s youth realize their inherent value and potential, with many of them becoming lifetime followers of Jesus
- 5 Years (minimum) experience working with youth and young adults
- excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with a strong work ethic
- the ability to work with youth and volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Building relationships with London’s youth.
- Facilitating weekly programming for youth.
- Developing and coordinating discipleship programs for spiritual formation (ie ALPHA).
- Collaborating with local organizations and agencies to develop new YFC London initiatives.
- Recruiting, processing, and equipping volunteers.
- Caring for the personal and spiritual well-being of London Outreach volunteers.
Organization / Administrative
- Meeting regularly with the supervisor.
- Develop and implement an annual program and budget plan.
- Coordinate volunteer, intern, and student placement schedules for programs.
- Keeping records of ministry activities and events, including youth involvement and development.
- Participating in London Coordinator Team meetings.
- Working with the development team to introduce new contacts to the opportunity of financial partnership with YFC London to support youth and programs.
- Providing monthly highlight updates to the development team of stories and needs that can be communicated to ministry partners who pray for and financially support YFC London.
Spiritual And Personal Development
- Maintain a strong Christian faith with consistent spiritual practices.
- Illustrate a deep commitment to a holistic approach to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s Kingdom.
- Pray for and with the YFC London team.
- Adhere to the YFC Canada Playbook, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant.
- Complete the YFC Canada credentialing process within 2 years of the start date.
- Attend YFC regional and national conferences as available.
- Participate in training and development courses, conferences and workshops as approved by supervisor.
- Exhibit sensitivity while navigating both faith-based and non-faith-based environments.
- Take initiative and demonstrate self-motivation when working in an unstructured and entrepreneurial context.
- Believe in work / personal life balance.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
A resume should note (1) employment experience; (2) ministry experience, whether volunteer or paid; and (3) any relevant certification.
Cover letters should include a description of (A) how to integrate one’s faith with this role, (B) a heart for youth, and (C) any youth work experience. Each response should be 150-200 words. If there are any further questions, please contact YFC London. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
KITCHEN STAFF, Cafe Connect
We are seeking multiple individuals to work alongside the Cafe Connect team to facilitate the day-to-day operations and execute weekly delivery of effective food services and food programming to address the needs of marginalized, at-risk youth (ages 10-21 years old) at YFC Youth Centre and at key communities across the City of London. This individual will be responsible to work alongside the YFC London team to ensure appropriate facilitation and execute effective community outreach strategies to develop safe spaces that allow for youth to engage in positive activity, get involved in community, and improve their wellbeing.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Report to Supervisor; assist with the implementation and facilitation of food services and food programming geared towards youth and their families.
- Assist Cafe Connect team with serving customers, food preparation, cleanliness of the space, and upholding regulation procedures according to Food and Saftey standards.
- Act as an appropriate and positive role model for youth and liaison with parents, caregivers, and local groups to enhance development of community.
- Foster youth development by engaging in meaningful therapeutic relationships that demonstrate mutual respect.
- Manage program participant behaviour and immediately report concerns to Supervisor.
- Promote programs and activities and assist with special events on behalf of YFC London.
- Comply with all YFC London policies, procedures, and program specific operating expectations.
- Ensure property, facility, activity areas, equipment and supplies are prepared and maintained in working and clean condition.
- Maintain daily records of program activities, evaluation reports, safety checks, and provide feedback for future improvements to programs.
- Administrative tasks include registration, attendance, and observational tracking of all program participants.
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Candidates must be 15-30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada (Citizen, Permanent Resident, and/or approved Refugee Status)
- Must have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) prior to start date.
- Ability to work within a holistic model of care to foster community development.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a team member.
- Ability to speak French, Spanish, Arabic or another language is an asset.
- 20 hours per week
- Part time Contract
- In-person with PPE measures in place
YFC has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require accommodation during any step of the application process, please contact us directly.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We appreciate all applications but note that we will only contact the applicants invited for an interview. We are looking for qualified individuals who can contribute to our organization through their unique gifting and skills in integrity, servanthood, partnership, advocacy and excellence.
About London YFC
At London YFC, we see the hope and potential of every young person we meet, and we reach them through community specific programs. We believe that transformed youth have the opportunity to transform communities and we desire to engage with youth to make this world a better place. For over 60 years, London YFC has been involved in the City of London. We have demonstrated in the past 10 years their intentional move toward community development and empowerment of all youth in neighbourhoods across London. Our financial base is funded through local corporations and community members which has created a sustainable impact of our youth and family programs beyond start up grants.
YFC London Mission & Values:
Following Jesus’ mission, we engage with youth in London by building relationships, developing potential, and exploring faith in partnership with the community and local churches.
- Community: We want to be fully engaged in and with our neighbourhoods and to nurture healthy community interaction with staff, volunteers, families, local partners and most of all, young people
- God-centered: We believe that personal faith is important and that spiritual questions can and should be explored with great freedom, respect and integrity.
- Safe Spaces: We strive to provide a safe, welcoming place where youth can come, connect, feel appreciated and have great fun.
- Relationships Matter: We desire to journey alongside and build strength into young lives during these important adolescent years: encouraging them to discover, grow, lead and learn.
London Youth for Christ has been made aware of employment fraud where potential employment opportunities are falsely advertised and prospective employees are asked to pay money for their application to be processed. London Youth for Christ does not require any fees to be paid for the processing of any employment applications. Please be alert to recruitment agencies that ask for payments. You should assume that such agencies are not providing genuine offers or services.