WHO WE ARE
Following Jesus’ mission, we engage with youth in London by building relationships, developing potential, and exploring faith in partnership with the community and local churches.
We want to be fully engaged in and with our neighbourhoods and to nurture healthy community interaction with staff, volunteers, families, local partners and most of all, young people.
We believe that personal faith is
important and that spiritual questions can and should be explored with great freedom, respect and integrity.
We strive to provide a safe,
welcoming place where youth can come,
connect, feel appreciated and have great fun.
We desire to journey alongside and build strength into young lives during these important adolescent years: encouraging them to discover, grow, lead and learn.
HISTORY OF YFC
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Our board of directors is carefully chosen to help provide us with governance
and expertise as we support youth and families in our community.
The Board is responsible for:
• Maintaining the organization’s mission and purpose
• Ongoing support, accountability and guidance for staff
• Effective organizational planning and adequate resources
• Determining and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
• Enhancing our organization’s public image and presence
• Ensuring the fiscal responsibility of our organization
Current Board Members
Randy Bird, Chair – Co-Owner & VP of Operations, FCFP
Jeff Ste. Marie, Secretary – Teacher, Laurier Secondary School
Christene Scrimgeour, Treasurer – Chartered Accountant, Scrimgeour & Co
Sue Gowan, Former Chair – Consultant