Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program
The London Talbot Toastmasters Club of London recently hosted an eight week public speaking and leadership program for high school students at the Youth for Christ building at 254 Adelaide Street.
Sponsored and conducted by Toastmasters International and its local clubs, Youth Leadership helps young people build their communication and leadership skills so they may become tomorrow’s leaders in business, industry and the community.
Every young person has the potential to become a good communicator and leader, but this potential needs to be developed. The program’s unique eight-session, workshop-style design enables participants to develop this potential through practical experience.
Participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others’ ideas.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills.
- Participate in – and even lead – group discussion or meetings.
- Participants increase their self-confidence as they learn.
- They also make new friends and have fun.
Toastmasters is an enjoyable learning experience!
For further information, check – londontalbot.toastmastersclubs.org
For more photos of the graduation, please check our Facebook Page – HERE
Graduating class from the Toastmasters Youth Leadership Program
L-R Jeff Smith, coordinator, Matthew Balasch, Mhaliek Walters, Dale Harrison, Murad Farej, Matt Selman, Danny Vasquez, Clarence Rothwell,Gisele Baribeau assistant coordinator; front, Irene Mathyssen MP Missing: Mateo Neilson, Noe Bourdeau